Friday, February 4, 2011

Oh My God, Yet Another Blog...

But I kind of feel like this one will be my last and most epic blog. I started this thing up a few days ago, when it occurred to me that truly one of my life's greatest joys is "nerding" out on music I like with other people. I love it. I love pointing out my favorite bits of songs and getting all technical with my musically inclined friends. (I wish I could talk technical stuff with my wonderful wife, but she, understandably, just wants to listen to the damn thing and for me to shut the hell up.) And so, what better forum to nerd out on anything than on the fantastical interwebs. Here, I can talk all day about whatever I want.

I won't talk at length about whole songs on this blog. Again, just the bits that I really, really like. The spine tingling riffs. The creme de la creme.

So what will be my first post? Lately, I've been listening to a lot of Radiohead, Pink Floyd, and prog rock stuff (God Speed You Black Emperor!, Forensics, The Antarcticans, etc.). Throw in a little Stone Roses, just to keep things light. Lovely. But, I like hippity hop and metal a helluva lot, too. So who knows. That's another thing that appeals to me about blogging these mental footnotes: it's a never ending source of entertainment and self-education.

Ah whatever. All of this is bullshit anyway. Why blog, right? Well...I suppose because it's fun. And when it stops being fun, I guess I'll stop blogging again. I've done that before.

Until then, stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. I will proofread for you and make sure you overuse hyphens and other punctuation as much as I do.

    I will also expect a lengthy Green Day-devoted post on my 30th birthday...which is sadly, one month from today. *sobs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the new blog dude!

    I, like Marian, expect a lengthy Jay Z-devoted post... like soon, dude!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Marian - I promise to write the best damned Green Day-devoted post ever for your 30th.

    @Monika - Thanks, dude! I'm cooking up a Jay-Z post right now. You'll never guess which song.

    ... OK, one more for the road: dude.

    ReplyDelete